1-2 year olds are generally a little easier to buy toys for because they probably don’t have too many yet (but just wait, all the toys are coming lol).
This was a fun age to buy toys. I felt like I was just as excited as my son was when he got something new! Here are our top 15 most played with toys for the 1-2 year old age.
- Musical instruments-This was such a cute little musical set and we had a lot of fun with it!
- Animal Figurines-It’s always nice to have some simple non-moving/non-talking toys. He liked to carry these around and play pretend. They have different sets with different types of animals.
- Tunnel-You can’t really go wrong with a tunnel. He loved playing hide n’ seek in this. We have a Thomas the Train one, but any tunnel would be great!
- Ride along car-This is a great little first car. They can push it and ride it. My son rode it around the kitchen all the time!
- Walker-If you have room, I think a walker is a must. This one was super fun and you can speed it up or slow it down depending on age. The front activity board also comes off.
- Hape Pound & Tap Bench with Xylophone-We got this for our son for his first birthday and he played with this so much. We saved a tote of baby toys and this one definitely made the cut. I love the simple wooden toys.
- B toys stackadoos– Another winner from B. Toys (they have great, ascetically pleasing toys lol). We took these things everywhere and my son loved them! I actually pulled them back out today (he’s 3.5 now), and he enjoyed playing with them again.
- Water table-I put this on my 2-3 year old list, but my son loved his first water table when he was this age as well!
- Shape Puzzle Melissa and Doug-This was our favorite puzzle at this age. I love the knobs. It made it much easier for him to grab and it was great to help learn shapes.
- First 100 words set-This set was used so much! I feel like my son learned so many words from these books and he loved looking at the pictures. They were a daily read for months and months.
- Shape truck-This was another hit at this age. He loved to pull it around and it was also great for learning.
- Balls-You can’t really go wrong with a simple ball. My son loved one similar to this one. We also had some little sports balls and he loved those as well.
- Animal Magnets in a Box-These magnets are fun and help them learn their animals. They have other different sets available as well. He loved putting these on the fridge or on his easel.
- Baby pool-This pool was amazing! I love that it is more heavy duty than your typical plastic pool. It’s the perfect size for a toddler. You can just leave it outside in the summer and hose it out before each use. It also came with an umbrella, which was so nice. We spent many days in the Summer by the mini pool lol.
- Wood Toy Stacking Train-This is another nice wooden toy idea. I loved having simple wooden toys for my son and he really seemed to like this one!
Again, he had many more favorites, these are just the things he played with over and over again. I hope this helps you with some toy ideas for those 1-2 year olds in your life!