Do you need some encouragement as a stay-at-home Mom? If so, you’ve come to the right place! There are a lot of books, podcasts, and resources when it comes to parenting, but what about how to improve your attitude and outlook as a mother?
I believe that if I would have received these resources when I was pregnant, I would have been much better equipped to challenge the lies that came my way from people and my own thoughts when it came to being a stay-at-home mom. A lot of these are women who post a lot of their content on youtube, but many also have additional resources on their websites, podcasts, and have books.
- Get It All Done Club (Now That We’re a Family)-This was one of the most helpful resources to me. Katie Voetberg is currently a mother of 5 and they are a homeschool family. This is a 12 week course that covers everything homemaking and home management. She also touches a lot on how motherhood is a blessing and she truly enjoys her children and being a wife. You can take a free master class to see if you think it would be beneficial to you. She also has youtube videos (Now That We’re a Family) with some free content. Her older content is what I would look at if you are interested in the homemaking/home management part.
- Farmhouse On Boone-She has great content that also touches a lot on motherhood and homemaking. Her recipes are some of my favorites!
- Carolyn Shuttlesworth– This is a great no nonsense, encouraging podcast that has a lot of motherhood content. It used to be called NonStop Mom and a lot of her content early on was geared specifically to mothers. She is a pastors wife and has 3 children.
- Kendra Atkins-I have been following her for years on Youtube, but a few years ago she realized that her twin girls weren’t doing great in public school PreK on an emotional level, so she pulled them and now homeschools her 3 kids. She has a lot of great content regarding kids in general and she has a great attitude.
- Milena Ciciotti-She has a great perspective on honoring your marriage along with excelling in motherhood.
- Megan Fox-no this is not the Megan Fox that you may be thinking of lol. She is a Mennonite Mom of 3, almost 4, located in Lancaster, PA and she has such upbeat, optimistic outlook on motherhood. I just enjoy learning how she does things as a homemaker and a mom.
- The Minimal Mom-This is an amazing resource for helping you get your house under control as a Mom. Any Mom could utilize this info. We’ve implemented a lot of her decluttering techniques and it has brought peace into our home!
- Above Rubies-This is a ministry I have recently discovered that really encourages mothers that stay home with their children. She provides lots of affirmation and even has devotionals specifically for mothers. It is a little more old school–but the author is such a sweet but fiery older woman who lovingly shares all of her knowledge. I enjoy listening to her podcast as well–“Life to the Full.” Her daughters Serene and Pearl wrote the popular book, “Trim Healthy Mama.”
These are my absolute favorite resources from the past few years. I may not agree with every point of view and doctrine that they hold, but they all have so much you can learn and glean from when it comes to doing motherhood well and living joyfully each day instead of whining and drowning in motherhood.
We should always be growing in our careers. If homemaking and motherhood is now your career, why wouldn’t you invest time and finances into growing and being the best mother and wife you could be?!